The Radical Left demanded that the police be defunded, and even dismantled despite the risks to and without regard for public safety. Based on the statements of their Democrat political spokespersons, the agenda also includes defunding the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Border Patrol, and the Military.
Posted at CNS News: “GOP Posts Video of Dems Calling to Defund Police, Responding to Dem Claims Republicans Defunded Police” By Craig Bannister
“In a Fox News Channel interview on Sunday, a senior advisor to President Joe Biden, Cedric Richmond, accused Republicans of defunding the police because they didn’t vote for Democrats’ American Rescue Plan stimulus bill.”
Posted at the Washington Examiner: “AOC: Defund the police means defund the police” By Becket Adams
Posted at Law Enforcement Today: “Traitor in office: Rep. Ilhan Omar now reportedly wants to defund the police and the military” By James E. Lewis
“She has made it clear that she thinks police departments should be defunded, along with the Department of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Patrol (CBP)….”
The Radical Left is now suggesting that Republicans are trying to defund the police.
Pay very close attention. It may seem laughable, but the matter (and this kind of manipulative behavior) is very, very serious. Do not let the lies stand. Make your political voices heard. Speak the truth to your friends and family, your political and party leaders, members of your community, your state, the nation, and the world.
We all know that defunding the police is a strategy of the Democrat Left. It’s time that they live with the evidence that proves their lies.
From Breitbart News: “Trump: Democrats Spreading ‘Disinformation’ that GOP Defunded Police” By Weldell Husebo
“Breitbart News compiled the Democrats ‘defunding-police rhetoric, or what James Clyburn says is “sloganeering”:
- President Joe Biden said he supported reallocating police resources during his campaign.
- Vice President Kamala Harris said, “I applaud Eric Garcetti” for defunding the Los Angeles police, and said, “We have to reimagine public safety” while discussing lowering the police presence in communities.
- Biden’s Associate Attorney General, Vanita Gupta, said officials must heed calls to “decrease police budgets and the scope, role, and responsibility of police in our lives.”
- As Boston Mayor, Biden’s Secretary of Labor, Marty Walsh, proposed a budget to divert funding from law enforcement.
- Biden’s Assistant Attorney General, Kristen Clarke, wrote an op-ed for Newsweek in 2020 supporting efforts to “defund the police.”
- Rep. Val Demings (D-FL) called the Minneapolis City Council “very thoughtful” for voting to dismantle the police.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and fellow House Democrats refused to criticize the Minneapolis City Council for defunding the police.
- Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) told protesters to “get more confrontational” with police.
- Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) called for dismantling the Minneapolis Police Department.
- Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO) called for defunding police as a congresswoman-elect.
- A Democratic National Convention panelist advocated for defunding the police.
- A Minneapolis City Council member defended defunding the police but said she didn’t “have all the answers” on who would respond to violent crime.
- House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) compared federal law enforcement to the Nazi Gestapo. He later ignored looting and arson in D.C., claiming the only violence he saw in D.C. was from police.
- Democrat Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison said he doesn’t want police officers to respond to rape.”
Posted at The Gateway Pundit: “SHOCKER: Press Secretary Jen Psaki Gives a Totally Fictional Response to Funding the Police” By Joe Hoft
Posted at Townhall: “Democrats Blame Republicans for Defunding Police” By Cal Thomas
“The facts say otherwise, that’s if facts matter anymore.”
Posted at National Review: “Who Really Wants to Defund the Police? Democrats, That’s Who” By David Harsanyi
“…As Isaac Schorr has meticulously detailed, Kamala Harris, Rashida Tlaib, Ayanna Pressley, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Vanita Gupta, Marty Walsh, and, yes, Joe Biden — who, when asked, “Do we agree that we can redirect some of the funding?” answered, “Yes, absolutely” — all backed defund- police efforts to some extent.”
If you wish to discuss or comment on this post, or any other Professor Preponomics article or post, we invite you to visit the Professor Preponomics GAB Page. There, you can converse with other Professor Preponomics readers and comment freely (subject to GAB’s terms of service). The GAB link to discuss this article can be found here. We encourage thoughtful discourse as we are working to help everyone learn how to survive the dangerous and uncertain times ahead.